Saturday, December 22, 2007

First Post...Welcome to the work of my upcoming year!

Thanks for joining, reading, or reviewing. Whatever you are doing means that you are getting a little bit involved with the history of Franklin Park and I love it. Please be sure to read my welcome message to see what I am "after" for assistance.

As the weeks and months pass, I will go through a variety of processes (writing captions, choosing pictures, laying out said pictures) and would love any type of feedback that people want to share--the good, the bad, the ugly. You will be my previewers, audience, and editors and I will thank you now for your help in producing a work that will be accessible for all who have enjoyed time within the walls of Boston's crown jewel--Franklin Park.

Have a warm, wonderful holiday season and I hope to see lots of comments and feedback as well as discoveries over the coming months!

2 comments:

Christine Poff said...

I was out in the park this wintry evening on the annual owl prowl to celebrate the solstice. At 4:45 the male great horned owl that has lived in the park for several years was hooting away. By a little past 5:00 he had stopped and gone off hunting.

The park was beautiful and still in the snow. There were no geese on the pond to break the silence, all we heard was the ice crunching under our feet. The cloudy night reflected light and the park's landscape was bright and in full view.

Stephen Baird from the Emerald Necklace Bird Club regaled us with information and stories about the owls in Franklin Park. After the last snow storm he came out looking for tracks and found a fox' den!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Julie.
I was trying to participate in your poll about visiting Franklin Park, but it seems to be closed. I visited the zoo last summer. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. I don't think it was in very good shape when I went as a kid. I remember they were working on some of the display areas, so there were missing animals in some cages, but overall I thought it was a nice zoo. My goddaughter, who was 2 1/2 at the time, had a great time.

On another note, what a great idea to start a blog for your book! I hope you get lots of helpful submissions and suggestions!
Happy New Year,
Jen